Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because potency directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, you must adhere to certain rules. First of all, it is worth changing your lifestyle: improve your diet, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, then preventive measures include the use of drugs and medicines from traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- primary is carried out to prevent the development of the disease;
- Secondary prevention is necessary in patients who have had prostatitis to avoid recurrence of the disease or its transition to a chronic form.
Prevention includes a range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow a few important rules:
- Healthy food. Dietary revision is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. With acute use, irritation of the prostate mucosa occurs, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly disrupts blood flow to the prostate, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Reject bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly forbidden during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the organism, affects metabolic processes in the organism, and ethyl alcohol burdens the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is noticed that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often impairing potency.
- See a doctor on time. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate. Do not self-medicate sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid hypothermia. Inflammation of the prostate is often the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to dedicate at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if a man's professional activity is related to a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate.
- Take medication. If problems with potency are identified, the man should start taking the medication prescribed by his doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods in the treatment of prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A special feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine the muscle that needs to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine during urination, count to three and relax. Then urination-free action is recommended in the same way.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 series of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the intensity of training to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in a standing position:
- Lean one foot on the floor and with the other perform wide swings back and forth 80 times. Then change legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and perform inclines 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in a supine position:
- Alternately pull your legs up to your abdomen, then spread them to your maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach for them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, in a position perpendicular to the floor, and then continue to exercise "bike".
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your arms.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower - alternately stand under cold water (15 seconds) and warm (30 seconds). Recommended before bed.
Stimulation of prostate healing
Prostate stimulation is recommended as a preventive measure. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genital organs.
This massage helps:
- improving blood flow, which nourishes the gland with oxygen and other nutrients;
- increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, which restores normal urination.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he should do 2-4 sessions a week. When performing a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, then the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Hand massage. Prostatitis affects the fingers. This method is mostly used for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and releasing the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is performed using special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. The water jet massage must be performed briefly, keeping it to yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
During the massage, you must be careful not to worsen the condition by damaging the mucous membrane of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- prostate stones;
- tumors of various etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get prostatitis, you need to adhere to a proper diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or cooked dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters in order to increase the excretion of urine, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are recommended to consume about 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g protein;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fat (vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is recommended to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- milk products;
- sea food;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, experts prescribe preparations that contain herbal ingredients or extracts of bull prostate. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate, increase the production of secretions and eliminate congestion.
Urologists typically prescribe medications in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps eliminate inflammation in the prostate.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of the prostate, it is important to take sufficient amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long run. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of prostate neoplasms.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements in men's health. Participates in testosterone synthesis, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also methods of traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. l. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. Simmer the drink for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to stand for several hours, strained, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be eaten in pure form, at least 100 g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of nuts is passed through a meat grinder with one whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. l. med. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day for 1 tbsp. l. Also, nuts passed through a meat grinder can be diluted with 1 tsp. l. sunflower oil. The medicine in this form is recommended to be consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, and the efficiency increases if it is drunk with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. 2 teaspoons are enough for preparation. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are a great help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate. They can be eaten clean and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. l. seeds.
- Decoction of birch leaves has an anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate. For cooking: 1 tbsp. l. the raw material is poured with 1 cup of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. The decoction is recommended to be taken in small portions.
- Honey is a good medicine for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and alleviate the inflammatory process in the prostate. Take 1 tbsp. l. before going to bed on an empty stomach, smearing in a glass of warm water.
Methods of traditional medicine are effective, but can cause an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. It is recommended to consult a doctor before using them.
Preventive measures need to be followed to maintain men's health. Timely treatment will help to avoid the consequences of the disease.